- Classic patterns, crafted with extraordinary attention to detail. Made on Alden's exclusive lasts, designed for comfort and refined appearance.
- Upper leather selected from the top grades of the finest tanneries in the world. Rich, aniline calfskins, luxurious calf and kid suedes, and genuine shell cordovans. Hand stained and polished to the classic patina that is the hallmark of the custom bootmaker's art.
- Natural leather insole of pure vegetable tannage. Unsurpassed for breathable comfort and long wear, it assumes over time the contours of your foot shape giving a truly custom quality to the fit. Beneath the insole is a layer of natural cork, providing additional resilience and insulation.
- Oak tanned leather bends are cut into outsoles at the Alden factory for maximum control of quality. Specially treated for durable wear, then patiently burnished with carnauba waxes to a fine luster.
- Leather lining of Alden New England shoes are chose from a special stock of supple glove linings and smooth, glazed kip linings.
- Genuine Goodyear welt construction. Top quality leather welting is securely stitched through the upper to the insole rib. On models requiring the clean appearance of a close heel trim the welt runs from the heel forward. For other styles, such as brogues, where the solid look of an extended heel trim is appropriate the welt is stitched all around the shoe.
- Every Alden New England shoe carries a tempered steel shank, precisely contoured and triple ribbed for extra strength. Truly the backbone of a fine welt shoe, the shank provides the proper support and shape so necessary when your day involves much walking and time on your feet.
- Long wearing rubber dovetail heels with leather inserts. Solid brass slugging gives secure attachment yet allows for easy rebuilding.
- Carefully crafted in the USA.